Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week Twelve

Journal

John Glenn

American Visions and Values LA-400

November 15, 2007





Well the Signature Series is done and it has been a very interesting program. I have enjoyed the program for the most part. This series of classes was a required part of my degree program and I believe that it was a time well spent. The text for the classes was well done and it had some great readings in it. I believe that University requires it for the history and the values that it teaches. It brings up some great issues that are not usually covered in the core classes.



I was very surprised by the wide range of topics that were covered in the program. It was interesting to read the responses that some of the other students wrote to the discussion board. You could see a wide variety of personalities with what people submitted. This will help me in my management career with dealing with a variety of co-workers that I will be working with.



I was able to relate with a majority of the readings that we had because of the values and traditions that we read about. I really enjoyed that part of the readings to look back through history and see how our values were formed as a young country. In my professional life, I hold the same values true, as I do in my personal life.



I hope I was able to contribute different views to some of the discussions that were brought to the discussion board. I believe the best thing I bring to these type of programs is a enthusitic attitude about learning new material.

No comments: