Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week Nine

Journal

John Glenn

American Visions and Values LA-400

October 30, 2007


The time is ticking away and we are getting down to the nitty gritty of the class. With the end of week nine, we find ourselves getting heavy into our final digital story ideas and Capstone paper. It sure seems like these classes have flown by now. I was wondering what I was in for in the beginning writings we were reading, but they got better and I actually learned a lot about other areas I had no clue about.

This weeks readings were very interesting, they brought up some very ugly times in our country. Between the early period of the west when the White Man brutally destroyed the Indian Nation and when the Blacks were being treated as second class citizens due to the color of their skin.

In the readings about the Blacks discrimination, we saw how two leaders handle this situation. One using peaceful tactics and trying to be logical, the other trying to contend to the issue in a more militant way. Both still met the same fate, being assassinated, but the one that used the peaceful means to the end is still remembered today as a legend.

Danielle Crittenden piece called the Mother of All Problems was interesting in that I was surprised by the whole dark secret idea that women hold. I had no idea women were that unhappy in the corporate world. I think it stills comes down to an individual situation, some women seem to cope with the issue well. While others do not even want to address the issue at work in fear of crying. I know I have seen this in my work, but most of the time the problem is also that the women does not want to work anyway. The issue is that the couple both have to work to make ends meet.

Well the end is near and we need to say goodnight...........

No comments: